Conducting Customer Satisfaction Research – Introduction
As a key Stakeholder Group, your Customers generate the revenue that drives your business forward. To do this successfully, it’s vital to understand and take into account the views/feedback of your customers when making commercial decisions and developing future strategy. Conscious of the maxim that ‘you shouldn’t mark your own homework’, engaging FOTP Research, a specialist B2B research company, as an independent third party to work with you, is the best way forward.
We will work with you to:
- Understand your requirements
- Develop the survey
- Conduct the customer satisfaction research
- Analyse the data and
- Present the insights
This the most efficient and effective method of undertaking independent and objective Customer Satisfaction Research. This can then be expanded into a tracking survey, to measure change/progress on an on-going basis.
Customer Satisfaction Research – How we do it
Step 1: Scoping the target respondents and understanding your business
We hold initial meetings with our clients to achieve the following:
- Clarify research requirements and potential areas to measure
- Understand current processes and business characteristics
- Select appropriate customers to gain feedback from
- Recommend and agree an appropriate sample size
- Provide a full project schedule to include timelines and deliverables
Step 2: Qualifying the core components of successful relationships with your customers
- The key drivers of customer relationship performance are identified by conducting a number of in-depth telephone interviews with a sample of your customers
- The output of these interviews are clearly defined Performance Areas and the individual Performance Attributes that determine your customer relationships
Step 3: Measuring the Pulse of your customer relationships
- An online survey with a combination of ratings and “open text” boxes is used to gather customer feedback on how they rate your company on the agreed Performance Areas and Attributes
- The Performance Areas and Attributes measured are those we defined from the earlier qualifying interviews
Step 4: Reporting via scorecard and identifying customer relationship strengths and areas for improvement
Output of results include:
- A customer relationship health Scorecard
- A measure of performance for each Performance Area and Attribute
- Verbatim comments providing further insight into the ratings provided
- Identified customer relationship strengths and areas for improvement
- Data analysis and recommendations to help you drive stronger customer relationships
Conducting Customer Satisfaction Research – Types of Surveys
Annual Customer Satisfaction Survey
This survey focuses on measuring customer satisfaction across a range of key metrics to help you understand what your customers perceive your company is doing well, and more importantly, focus on what needs to be improved.
Actionable insights from the survey will enable you to drive strong collaboration and maintain a competitive advantage.
Voice of the Customer (VoC) Programme for B2B Relationships
In a dynamic world, our VoC programmes enable you to gain actionable and real-time insights that identify which aspects of the relationship are working well, and what needs to be done to improve customer experience. This, in turn, will drive more collaborative and profitable partnerships.
In addition, this more regular type of feedback enables you to have an “early warning” of any potential issues.
This is an ideal tool to deliver real-time and cost-efficient feedback when you are looking to gain insights on a specific topic.
In addition, this could be used to get tactical feedback to support a strategic initiative (e.g. gauging success on recently introduced initiatives or focusing on getting additional insights from a specific customer group).
Conducting Customer Satisfaction Research – Benefits
Insights from Finger on the Pulse Research Customer Satisfaction Surveys will enable you to build loyalty to retain and develop existing customers. Acting on your customers’ feedback is an effective way to grow collaboration and create more personal relationships which will unlock business opportunities.
Clear and objective measures, based on findings from our Customer Satisfaction Surveys, of how your customers feel about the strategic alignment you have with them, will enable your business to review and adapt your objectives to better fit with your customers’ strategy. This should grow the level of customer satisfaction and lead to more collaborative business relationships.
Regular and objective feedback from our Customer Satisfaction Surveys will ensure that are you staying attuned to your customers’ needs and are able to anticipate them better, and ahead of your competitors. Therefore, it is critical to “keep your finger on the pulse” of your customers’ needs.
How can your business effectively deliver a Customer Centricity Strategy, without having regular & objective feedback from your customers, through an independent 3rd party? The value of the customer centric approach lies in ensuring that you deliver continued value and take your entire customer journey seriously. Actionable insights from our customer feedback programmes will illustrate how you can continue to maintain a collaborative partnership with customers and how you can continue to strive to deliver mutual growth over time.